IC342

Discussion in 'My Astrophotos' started by ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR, Nov 14, 2021.

1. ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR

ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR Cyanogen Customer

152mm A+M Refractor(OfficinaStellare-1200mmF/L) , using a TeleVue .8XReducer/Flattener for an effect of 950mmFL ..... and using an OrionSkyGlow 2in. filter with a CanonEOSII RebelT7i modified UV-IR @ Hutech with a "CustomWhiteBalance using 'no-filter' and a Lens to make a 'black-card' image to be used as a "WhiteBalance - 'Custom-icon' for the 'color conversion" . I did two 261secISO1600 and two 361secISO1600 and four 461secISO1600 RAWMonochrome Autosave FITS and I did SDMask to each time amount images and then I Sum stacked the three different FITS . I did "Color Balance" and "Digital Development" and other commands like "Curves-Luminance and Color" . It seems the galaxy IC342 is a brownish color because the stars are what looks like the right color and the 'background' is dark .x +++++++++++++++++++ In the Reeves book 'Introduction to Digital Astrophotography' on page 58 it explains CCD vs. CMOS sensors about their differences . With a DSLR though ... I think the 'LongExposureNoiseReduction-Enabled' is it's 'cooling system' and I can't image without it for the 'light' frames for stacking . x ++++++++++++ .x