IC5070 Pelican Nebula

Discussion in 'My Astrophotos' started by ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR, Sep 13, 2021.

1. ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR

ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR Cyanogen Customer

CanonEOSII RebelT7i modified UV-IR @ Hutech thru a 152mmA+M Refractor(OfficinaStellare 1200mmFL) using a TeleVue .8XReducer/Flattener for an effect of 950mmFL and a Lumicon UHC-wide band OIII , and a Baader 7nm Hydrogen Alpha , and a Baader 8nm SII , all filters are 2in. and they ''all shine on'' at 607secISO3200 and ISO6400 ; three SII and three Ha and four SII RAWMonochrome Autosave FITS 'light' frames . I used the RebelT7i's 'in-camera' 'Long Exposure Noise Reduction Enabled' , and the 'Highlight Tone Priority Enabled' which the Manual says a regular image is 15% Gray and sometimes discards data to make a quick image , but with the 'Highlight Tone Priority Enabled' it does the 15% Gray and also added detail that seems to pertain to the image causing more High Dynamic Range . %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% Added 3 images for IC5070 [19.98 sec]
    Sigma Clip factor 9.98: clipped 99.7% (72486196 of 72685584 pixels)
    Sigma Clip combine succeeded using 509490KB memory [4.06 sec]
    Process, Stack (OK)
    View, Log Window
    Process, Stack
    Added 3 images for IC5070 [19.97 sec]
    SD Mask factor 9.00, 3 passes: 0.1% medians (78690 of 72685584 pixels);
    Mean Standard Deviations 79.6(R) 70.3(G) 74.3(B)
    SD Mask combine succeeded using 509490KB memory [14.16 sec]
    Process, Stack (OK)
    Screen Stretch "High", IC5070
    View, Log Window .&&&&&&&&&&&&&&%%%% //// What I think is happening in the idea of the TeleVue 2XPowerMate and is evident in the Cave Nebula image is that when the 'object' exits the PowerMate it is expanded and may be separating the 'object' like a puzzle that isn't completely connected and it looks brittle . I think maybe if at this focal-length if I used the MaximDL Pro Guider 'Dither' option between 'light' frames for about 10 to 20 pixels for a move ... it might allow the PowerMate to see the areas that were expanded and looking separated to aquire the different areas and then stacking the 'light' frames might make the image more complete ; like a 'reducer' might be crunching an 'object' and making it smaller than it can be without squishing it together . Then the Reducer/Flattener would be better if it was made for the Aperature you are using to be more normal . ???? . I won't know till I try the PowerMate again , but , my next imaging is with the TeleVue .8XReducer/Flattener and 'Dithering' wouldn't be necessary . TeleVue's site says they do have a .8XReducer/Flattener for 35mm cameras now for there 5in. Aperature Refractors .x \\\\ ****