Staff Assigned: Adam Robichaud Impossible to install STi (windows 7)

Discussion in 'Legacy Models - Community Support' started by Mallart, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Mallart

Mallart Cyanogen Customer

Hello,
    I received a few days ago my new STi (for autoguiding) and have problem for installing this camera on my labtop, depending on the labtop.

On my "Labtop1" Windows 7 64bits labtop, no problem : this labtop has never seen any SBIG product installation, everything was newest and worked well.
    I tested the connexion and STi imaging using CCDOps, it worked fine.

On my other "labtop 2", I could not manage installing correctly the camera despite many trials (5 hours in total).
    This 64bit Windows seven "labtop 2" had already installed 64bit drivers for my STL11000 I use since years (drivers installed early 2014).
    I never changed any configuration regarding SBIG cameras on this labtop, always using my STL11000 + RGH for imaging without any problem.

I made many trials for installing the STi, taking care of :
    - installing SBIGDriverChecker in administrator mode (my labtop account being also an administrator account)
    - lauching the driver checker in administrator mode
    - installing CCDOps in administrator mode.
    - tring to remove the older 64bit driver
    => Impossible to remove the first one : sbigudrv.dll, even in administrator mode
    - trying the installation with and without my anti-viruses activated (Kaspersky)
    - trying the installation by selecting the STI driver in the repertory "classic" and the repertory "normal".
    - trying to use the camera using MAximDL instead of CCDOps : same result : camera not seen on both softwares ...

When plugging the STi, windows correctly find the driver (SBIGURDV.DLL ver 4.97 build 1 and driver sbigu64.sys ver 2.41.0.1338), but there is a difference between the sucessfull labtop 1 and the unsuccessfull labtop 2 :
    => labtop 1 on which the STi works fine, a question was raised by the driver installer inviting me to select were to check for the driver, I could force windows to use the driver in the correct repertory, manually.
    => labtop 2 did'nt let me the choice, and the driver installer finally displayed that the camera driver was installed. Therefore, as the camera did not work, I tried later on forcing the driver re-installation by using the one in SBIG 64 bit pro version repertory via the windows device manager.

On both labtops, I could verify :
    - that the SBIG drivers listed by the driver checker were exactly the same version
    - that the STi had the same drivers versions installed
    - that the STi was declared operationnal by Windows
    - that the STi appears as "SBIG USB-64 Camera with Firmware" in the SBIG USB devices list.

I don't know what to do, I followed all the documents and have no more idea.

Also, the DriverChecker does not has the behaviour described in SBIG documentation : it does not ask me wether I need to use old "classic" or new "pro" camera version.

I thank you in advance for your help. I hope somebody have a procedure allowing to cleanup the previously installed cameras, or to avoid such installation problems.

Important notice : I need to keep functional my STL11000 + RGH camera on my labtop after having installed the STI (I intend to use a new setup : Proline 16803 and STi and my old setup : STL11000 and RGH on the labtop, depending on the case).

I wish a very happy new year to everybody

Emmanuel Mallart - France emallart@yahoo.fr

2. Mallart

Mallart Cyanogen Customer

Hello,
    I received a few days ago my new STi (for autoguiding) and have problem for installing this camera on my labtop, depending on the labtop.

On my "Labtop1" Windows 7 64bits labtop, no problem : this labtop has never seen any SBIG product installation, everything was newest and worked well.
    I tested the connexion and STi imaging using CCDOps, it worked fine.

On my other "labtop 2", I could not manage installing correctly the camera despite many trials (5 hours in total).
    This 64bit Windows seven "labtop 2" had already installed 64bit drivers for my STL11000 I use since years (drivers installed early 2014).
    I never changed any configuration regarding SBIG cameras on this labtop, always using my STL11000 + RGH for imaging without any problem.

I made many trials for installing the STi, taking care of :
    - installing SBIGDriverChecker in administrator mode (my labtop account being also an administrator account)
    - lauching the driver checker in administrator mode
    - installing CCDOps in administrator mode.
    - tring to remove the older 64bit driver
    => Impossible to remove the first one : sbigudrv.dll, even in administrator mode
    - trying the installation with and without my anti-viruses activated (Kaspersky)
    - trying the installation by selecting the STI driver in the repertory "classic" and the repertory "normal".
    - trying to use the camera using MAximDL instead of CCDOps : same result : camera not seen on both softwares ...

When plugging the STi, windows correctly find the driver (SBIGURDV.DLL ver 4.97 build 1 and driver sbigu64.sys ver 2.41.0.1338), but there is a difference between the sucessfull labtop 1 and the unsuccessfull labtop 2 :
    => labtop 1 on which the STi works fine, a question was raised by the driver installer inviting me to select were to check for the driver, I could force windows to use the driver in the correct repertory, manually.
    => labtop 2 did'nt let me the choice, and the driver installer finally displayed that the camera driver was installed. Therefore, as the camera did not work, I tried later on forcing the driver re-installation by using the one in SBIG 64 bit pro version repertory via the windows device manager.

On both labtops, I could verify :
    - that the SBIG drivers listed by the driver checker were exactly the same version
    - that the STi had the same drivers versions installed
    - that the STi was declared operationnal by Windows
    - that the STi appears as "SBIG USB-64 Camera with Firmware" in the SBIG USB devices list.

I don't know what to do, I followed all the documents and have no more idea.

Also, the DriverChecker does not has the behaviour described in SBIG documentation : it does not ask me wether I need to use old "classic" or new "pro" camera version.

I thank you in advance for your help. I hope somebody have a procedure allowing to cleanup the previously installed cameras, or to avoid such installation problems.

Important notice : I need to keep functional my STL11000 + RGH camera on my labtop after having installed the STI (I intend to use a new setup : Proline 16803 and STi and my old setup : STL11000 and RGH on the labtop, depending on the case).

I wish a very happy new year to everybody

Emmanuel Mallart - France emallart@yahoo.fr