Issue with SBIG ST-I

Discussion in 'Legacy Models - Community Support' started by Chad Quandt, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Chad Quandt

Chad Quandt Standard User

Hello.

I've been using an SBIG ST-I as a guide camera for about 3 years and control it with the Sky X Pro.

I haven't had a chance to use it much recently, the last time was in early April. Earlier this week I had an opportunity but was unable to get the camera to connect to my computer. Between these two sessions, my operating system was upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10. It is a laptop that I normally only use for imaging so I am sure that is the only thing that has changed on that machine.

Things that I have checked include:

Checking the USB ports (it gets power).
    Checking it on another older laptop (yes, I can connect there).
    There are no USB hubs, just a cable between the computer and laptop.
    Checked that all my SBIG drivers are up to date.
    I am unable to check the firmware with the SBIG update program because the computer can't connect to it.
    I've also checked that the USB ports on the computer work with other devices (memory stick, etc.).
    Lastly, I've checked that the Sky X Pro is up to date.

I've also posted an inquiry on the Bisque support forum but no luck there yet. It really seems to be that the upgrade to Windows 10 is what did it.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks,
    Chad

2. Andrew Weiner

Andrew Weiner Cyanogen Customer

Try a powered USB hub--that solved the problem using the Sky X on Windows 10. The hub has only the ST-i plugged into it. The camera without the hub was recognized in Device Manager but not by the Sky X. Also, I have to power the SBIG ST-i before the STL11000M and connect the ST-i to Sky X before I connect the STL11000M to Sky X. I do not know why, but that is how I got things to work properly. It seems that if I try to connect the cameras in the reverse order, the STL11000M will not connect at all.

Andrew

3. Tim

Tim Staff Member

Does the camera show up in the Windows Device Manager?

Also be sure you have the latest version of the SBIGDriverChecker64 program, as you will need it to download the very latest drivers. There are no firmware updates for the ST-i