Resolved License no longer entered upon restarting program in v7

Discussion in 'Licensing Issues' started by Lynn van Rooijen, Sep 18, 2024.

1. Lynn van Rooijen

Lynn van Rooijen Cyanogen Customer

Hi,

Two months ago, I had the same problem others seem to have had with renewing my Pro Suite license. This was kindly and quickly solved by sending me a payment request, after which I received the license via email as usual. I entered this in my DL6, no problem, then downloaded the upgrade to v7, also entered the license and got the usual message (thank you/close/restart, etc). I did not restart at that time, but did today, and the license field was blank as if I had never entered it.

I reentered the license various times via both the copy/paste and load options, got the usual messages but every time I restarted the program, the license was blank again and the Pro options were greyed out. Also downloaded a new copy of 7.03, reinstalled, tried repair, rebooted computer - nothing helped. The license was retained fine in DL6 and pro options and the program in general are still working.

Then just to see, I downloaded MaxPoint, which I no longer really use, and installed it. Trying to open it produces the message that "registry area appears locked, cannot continue".

I leave next week on my astrophotography trip, so all suggestions to get this working are welcome.

Thanks,
    Lynn

2. Lynn van Rooijen

Lynn van Rooijen Cyanogen Customer

Update: my problem has been solved for both programs thanks to off-line help from another user who suggested using the "run as administrator" option to open the programs and enter the licenses. Thereafter, they both run fine with a normal open.