LX200 CCD Port Joystick Mod

Discussion in 'Legacy Models - Community Support' started by Wingman, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Wingman

Wingman Standard User

Hi Guys,
    New here to the forum. note sure if anyone can help, This may be off the beaten path but figured I would start here since I own a ST7 that want play a roll with my project.

I have a 12" LX200 classic and would like to have a joystick to be able to plug into the CCD port, I was looking at the ST-4 manual page 3 and show a couple diagrams/mods.
    please see the attached LX200 CCD port schematics and a joystick schematic that I have tried, but only using (2) AA' (2.7V) thinking that may be the problem why its not working.

Does anyone have ideas or solutions that may help?

Thanks in Advance,

Kendall

LX200_CCD.gif js1C.jpg

2. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

The LX200 CCD port expects the direction line to go to GND (0 Volts). It has pull-up resistors internally. Get rid of your battery silliness, its not needed.
    To get it to move in a particular direction, just close the switch between each direction line and GND.

3. Wingman

Wingman Standard User

Thanks Colin, Yeah I had found an write up also on this. it works fine, just wish I could move faster than the tracking speed.