M17 'Omega Nebula'

Discussion in 'My Astrophotos' started by ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR, Aug 8, 2022.

1. ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR

ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR Cyanogen Customer

152mm A+M Refractor(OfficinaStellare-1200mm F/L'resolvability of .76" arc-sec ) using an APM Flattener at PrimeFocus and a CanonEOSII RebelT7i modified UV-IR by Hutech . MaximDL Pro V6.16 'guiding' ; and I did forty 'one-shotColor' CR2s in the camera for 31secISO3200 , and in CanonDigitalPhotoProfessional 4. I did a 'Batch Process' as TIFF-16BIT on the main images display page to it's Folder and each exposure was 31secISO3200 while also using 'LongExposureNoiseReductionON' and 'HighlightTonePriority-Enabled' , and a 60sec 'Interval between' each 'light' frame using the TC80N3 Timer .
    {{ I was going to use the RAW+Large JPG but I forgot to active the Large JPG but next time I'l do it . I also used the sRGB option instead of the usual ADOBE RGB option and no 'Mirror Lockup' . What I see in th Rebel's LCD screen is a reddish M17 but the CR2s in CanonDigitalPhoto are pale peach looking . I double tapped the first image and I used the 'Tool Palette' and the closest resemblence to the rebel's LCD screen image is applying the 'Landscape' Picture Style . So I think the Rebel's LCD screen is using a different Picture Style to show the JPG version of the RAW image in the LCD screen ... maybe there is a way to change that in the camera . ? . After stacking the TIFFs in MaximDL Pro V6.16 as Sigma-Clip at a Bin1 size I used the "Stretch" command for 'Log' with Max Pixel and Unlimited and then OK and the "Stretch" command again for 'Gamma' as .2 two different times . I did a "Resize from 3.72 to 6.5 micron sized pixels" and then "Half Size" and the FITS image is this way to retain the sharpness , the JPG and PNG are at a "Double Size" . To get the image real sharp I used the "Kernal Filter - High-Pass More then Low-Pass More then Average 7x7 then High-Pass More with pixels restrictions for detail and then pressed OK " and the image sharpened and showed the small stars brighter . Then some smoothing in the lower pixel range where it's faint to reduce the agitation . }} .x