M31

Discussion in 'My Astrophotos' started by ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR, Aug 24, 2020.

1. ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR

ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR Cyanogen Customer

152mm A+M Refractor(OfficinaStellare-1200mmF/L) using a TeleVue .8XReducer/Flattener for an effect of 950mmFL and a BreakThrough X4-UV 49mm filter with step-rings to 48mm , and a CanonEOSII RebelT7i modified UV-IR @ Hutech .. on an Astro-Physics 1200GTO Mount at 1xSiderealGuideRate but , not 'guiding' , and taking RAWMonochrome Autosave Sequences form 87secISO6400 ... I went to M31 and I took an 87secISO6400 image and then I 'solved' it with "PinPointAstrometry" and did 'Overlay' in the MaximDL Pro V6.16 'Zoom' window and I did a 'Sync' , I pressed the 'Telescope' tab and for 'Calibrate' for 'Auto-center' I pressed the 'Use PinPoint' button to enter the values . After I imaged two 87secISO6400 images at the same spot I then looked at the RAWMonochrome image at '12.50%' view and at 'screen-stretch' 'High' and then I would use the 'right-click' menu at a position in the image I wanted the Telescope to point and then the Mount would move and I did two images at that spot and I kept doing that till I figured I had the complete galaxy to make a Mosaic . The hard part was I had a few Tiles(sections) around the middle area and less amounts in the outer areas and the color is harder to match all the M31 area but I got it close . I then was trying to figure out the "Mosaic" command in the MaximDL Pro V5 book Manual about the 'Center' radio button and the 'Current telescope position" radio button in the 'Mosaic Position' section and 'Starting the number 1'option and 'Options File naming - Sequence number only' for a simple identity ... in the top of the "Setup Mosaic" and "Mosaic Geometry" using Size (tiles) W -3 and H - 3 .... will do a good 'Center' based Mosaic , and for Spacing(arc min) under W I used ' 40.00 ' which half the width of the 80'arc-min FOV I have and under the H I used ' 25.00 ' which is half of the 53'arc-min height of my FOV for this setup . What you would be doing is a GoTo to and 'object' like PacMan and get it 'centered' and 'solve it and 'Sync' to the Catalog 'object if it's 'centered' and then go to the 'Zoom' window and 'Overlay' the 'solved' image and then press the 'Slaved to Telescope' button and then press it again to undo that so the FOV rectangle doesn't move around when the Telescope moves to each Tile section and from the 'center' position you are at it will 'slew to a corner of the FOV rectangle and I am using the 'Direction' option 'East to West, North to South' and you can 'check' the checkbox for 'Alternating directions' if you want which will move 'East to West,\' across the top of the FOV and then it will drop South one Tile and do the Tiles in the East direction and then the 'Green Cursor' which is showing where the Telescope is pointing at all times will drop South and then move West till the Telescope finishes at the last lower right corner and I would have a complete 'center' image as the Telescope will arrive again where it originally started from . With my Reducer 950mmFL setup ... if I put the Spacing (arc min) to ' 5.00 ' for W and ' 5.00 ' for H ... the Telescope position would move a small minimal amount but might work OK for a 'dither' affect is needed if you don't want a larger area and you are 'PolorAligned' good and you if you didn't need long exposures but wanted to build up the 'object' with many images to eliminate background noise . If you chose the ' Corner ' radio button the Mosaic moves might start where you are 'originally' positioned and then it might move completely away from the 'object' without returning to it and the images wouldn't be in the 'object' area all around it .? . * Another thing about the "Measure Shutter Latency" command I was trying to figure out was I used for the ' Mirror-Lockup - 2sec ' a ' 2 ' in the first Edit box and then I changed a ' 4 ' to a ' 5 ' for the second Edit box and then I changed a ' 6 ' to a ' 1 ' in the third and last Edit box .... figuring the 'shutter' is 'opening' in ' .5sec ' with the second Edit box value and the the third Edit box is doing a count which is in ' 100ths ' and ' 1 ' is simple and the count before the 'sensor' starts would be known .... with my laptop I don't know if it can count a few ' 100ths ' easily and might get mixed up and mis-fire .. so ' 1 ' seems logical for the third Edit box . I guess it all works and I'm using that idea . * . My Astro-Physics 1200GTO '2010' Mount was using a ' 2018 ' V2 Driver but I just updated it to the newest version and from ASCOM I downloaded the Platform 6.5 which is the newest version and that's the way it all is now . But , the 'pointer' while in MaximDL Pro V6.16 with the Mount connected and the RebelT7i also it was jumpy and doing odd things but maybe it's calm down . Also , doing the Mosaic imaging for 120sec or more 'guiding' will be necessary but not too much if doing 87sec images for two images per Tile and having PEM ON in the Mount for PEC corrections which I made thru PEMPro . I was doing 'guiding' with 8sec Bin2 ZWO images and it will detect a 'Guide' star after a Mosaic move . x

The Mosaic will GSC 'solve' with 'Search area % at 100.00 .

artem likes this.
  2. artem

artem Guest

Nice image!o_Oo_Oo_O