M33

Discussion in 'My Astrophotos' started by ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR, Jan 6, 2019.

1. ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR

ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR Cyanogen Customer

're-done' from MaximDL Pro to "ImagesPlus" .
    M33 CanonEOSII 6D 'stock' Baader UV-IR Cut-Off 2in. filter thru an APM Flattener thru a 152mm A+M Refractor(OfficinaStellare)
    for 4minISO2500 for 18-CR2.s and 'Drizzle DropSize: 50% to Enlarge: 200%' then "HalfSize" in MaximDL Pro V6.16 .
    Then put into "ImagesPlus" for 'Stretch' commands and 'Color' saturation for Yellow and Blue stars . Image is JPG .
    FITS is from MaximDL Pro and from Bin1 as "HlfSz" and "HfSz" ..
    I tried Sum and Average and 'Drizzle DropSize: 75% then Enlarge: 100%' and the 'Drizzle' described above showed the best detail .
    And also when the 'Drizzle' is used it says in the FITS Header that the Time shows the images were 'sum' combined .x
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________

With the sky having to Moon in it I thought I would clean the inside of the 152mm A+M Refractor(OfficinaStellare) about 2 weeks ago .
    The sky is still cloudy today Dec. 30 , 2018 .
    I looked thru the Starlight Instruments 3545 Focuser indoors across a chair with the DrawTube all the way in with the Refractor Collimator
    and it looked OK . I took out the Refractor Collimator and looked at the metal reflecting piece that is at an angle and I found that where you
    look through with your eye that it will un-screw and it will come apart and I tilted it and the metal reflecting piece moved and then I tilted it
    the other way and it fit into a groove and the metal reflecting piece had a better fit and all it's surface will now reflect the light into the
    Telescope...??? … so what I figured out is that it wasn't in there the right way to begin with but I didn't know it mattered .
    I then took the dewshield down and had the Telescope standing on end so I could take off the Refractor Lens to clean the backside of it .
    I loosened the three large screws and I couldn't move it right away so I tried another grip with two hands and all of a sudden it slipped into place
    in the Telescope tube … which means it was up on one end on one side of the tube … and that might be what was causing the glow
    off-center in and image . I cleaned the Lens and put it back on and tightened the three screws and then I laid it over the chair and
    looked thru with the Refractor Collimator and I could now see a green circle and a blue circle that were apart from each other .
    I carefully loosened a large screw and adjusted it's small leveling screw and then checked to see if the two circles of light were moving
    closer together . It took about an hour and a half till I got them to overlap each other and they stayed in even when I turn the
    Starlight Instruments Focuser to another position . I think it's all the right way now but I'm waiting for some clear sky .
    One more thing is the Focuser Drawtube might sag a little bit when it's out and holding a lot of weight and might cause an off-center
    glow in an image . After 'focusing' it might be able to be shimmed with a thin metal to lift the Drawtube up a little to counter the sag .
    I found a large hexhead nut on the DrawTube that can be tightened also to put some anti-deflection tension against the DrawTube and
    keep it straighter when necessary …… I'l eventually figure it out … but I think I'm heading in the right direction with the out of kilter mistakes I
    found with the Refractor Collimator and LOZOS Lens being up ended on the Telescope tube which was just a slight tilt mistake . x