M45

Discussion in 'My Astrophotos' started by ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR, Dec 18, 2018.

1. ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR

ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR Cyanogen Customer

M45 'Pleiades Nebula' with CanonEOSII 6D'stock-new 2017 model' with BaaderUV-IR filter at 1155mmF/L using an APM Flattener
    thru a 152mm A+M Refractor(OfficinaStellare) for 31-CR2.s at 4minISO2500 each image and Sum stacked in MaximDL Pro V6.16 .
    'Calibrate' and "ConvertColor - Scaling: R-70 G-80 B-90" and then "KernalFilter-Median3x3" then "HalfSize" then stacked.
    Some 'red' specks are still in the image but it looks like the Telescope is 'collimated' while using the APM Flattener …. I then
    worked on the stacked image in "ImagesPLus" which can reveal a lot of nebulosity but some 'circular' bright spots are visible which
    are some type of 'reflections' from the over-all brightness of the stars . ? Maybe a Lumicon Deep Sky filter might block that type of
    mishap . It looks like a TeleVue 2XPowerMate might work better for the 35mm DSLR for M45 .
    With M42 and the Running Man by it which I did after the M45 has the stars out of focus where the Running Man is which could be that
    it's at a further distance than M42 like www.clarkvision.com says it is .?. I have one more 'object' from that nite before M45 to do .