M51 with a Breakthrough X4-UV 49mm filter

Discussion in 'My Astrophotos' started by ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR, Jan 4, 2020.

1. ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR

ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR Cyanogen Customer

152mm A+M Refractor(OfficinaStellare-1200mmF/L) using a CanonEOSII 6D'stock-new 2017 model Upgraded to Firmware 2018 ' using a TeleVue 2XPowerMate with step-rings to use a 35mmT-Ring to a DSLR , and on the end of the 2XPowerMate I put step-rings from 48mm-52mm and then 52mm to 49mm to put the Breakthrough 49mm filter on the 2XPowerMate ... I was testing to see if it'l work OK . Yesterday night the Scranton , Pa ABC News said the sky was going clear from cloudy and I started setting up after 12:00 midnight and at about 2:30am I was ready and I looked up and it was all milky clouds and no stars ..??? . I waited a while and the sky cleared enough to 'focus' a little and I went to M51 and trid a 3 minute ISO6400 exposure without 'guiding' and I saw enough to try some images . I hooked the 6D to MaximDL Pro V6.16 and with a ZWOASI120MC-S 'guiding' at 1xSiderealRate on an Astro-Physics 1200GTO Mount at Bin2 and Maximum X and Y moves at 3 second because the Bin2 seemed to need more ability to move for a Correction if needed like in RA and Aggressiveness 7 and 7 , and I did with the Canon 6D 187secISO6400 and 187secISO4000 and 187secISO3200 RAWMonochrome Autosaves .. a few at ISO6400 I was using ADOBE-RGB like I usually do and then I switched the DSLR's ' sRGB ' in it's Menu and tried the rest of the Autosaves that way to see if that setting would eliminate ' banding and slight streaks' in the images ...??! , maybe it works . I did a lot of things to the Sum 'stacked' 17 images . Like when I used the "Deconvolve" I set the 'Background to about the same as the outer areas of the image which was lower than toward the center of the image and it made the overall background a liitle smoother without hampering the galaxy . For the "Color Balance" I did some adjustments after clicking on the brightest star for a white point and then I adjusted the Scaling higher with the Red and Blue tp help those tinted stars and it helped to darken the background which was brown tinted . With this image I kept having slightly dimming images because of clouds but some were in the clear . With more time and a "SharpStar Autofocus" I might be able to do a better image . I was down to ISO3200 which sometimes has 'banding streaks' but they might have been less do to the sRGB setting and I did a few with the DSLR's ' High ISO Noise Reduction set to Low ' and I tried to do Medium and the sky was all clouds for the rest of the night .x

I was trying earlier tonight some Bias frames , two each per ISO , with a Canon EOSII 6D 2017 model and after that I was looking in the 'Options' where the No Calibration and other options are and I looked at
    'Camera Settings' and that small page says there are three cameras that have to be 'checked' in the checkbox
    if you want to use the DSLR's in-camera 'Mirror Lockup' … so I tried it and it worked … but it will
    mal-function if only one of these proceedures is active , like the DSLR has 'Mirror Lockup' active and in
    MaximDL Pro V6.16 like I mentioned is the 'Camera Settings' isn't checked … then the two things aren't
    communicating and the image will never download and says 'Flushing Camera' . So , both things , camera ,
    and 'Camera Settings' must be the same way , 'checked' and 'Mirror Lockup' active , or 'unchecked' and
    'Mirror Lockup' turned OFF .
    The Canon EOSII Rebel T7i still won't do over 32 seconds . But , I'l try something later that might have
    worked before , but I forgot if it did , is to do about 32 'dark-frames' with the Autosave command and use
    300 second exposures and after awhile I just remembered it might have eventually did the some
    300 second 'darks' instead of only the 32 second mal-functions . ? .x

There were 'dust donuts' in the single images but after stacking them I used the 'Clone' tool to remove them .x