M57

Discussion in 'My Astrophotos' started by ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR, Apr 13, 2020.

1. ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR

ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR Cyanogen Customer

152mm A+M Refractor(OfficinaStellare-1200mmF/L) using a TeleVue 2XPowerMate into a TeleVue 2XPowerMate for an effect of 4800mmFL with a Lumicon Minus-Violet 2in. filter , and using a CanonEOSII RebelT7i modified UV-IR @ Hutech . I was using MaximDL Pro V6.16 for RAWMonochrome Autosave FITS images at 546secISO1600 for nine exposures . I did a 'Calibrate' with a BiasMaster of 256 frames and what I usually do with a "BatchProcess" command .... and I used the 'Manual-2 star' option and a Sum stacking . I then used the "Digital Development" with 'FFT-Low-Pass' and 'FFT Hardness:Hard' . The image was a little too bright so I used the "Levels" command and lowered the 'Gamma' a little . Then I used the "Kernal Filter" to 'Sharpen' and the 'Dilation' to brighten a little . These images were taken ' June 16 2018 ' and the Rebel and MaximDL Pro V6.16 communicated OK ... but now the Rebel will only do 30 second exposures .?. I can't figure out what is wrong but ... I was using a 'Blackweb USB-3 Hub with 7-Ports' for $32.00 at Walmart and it also had a 'power cord' to plug into a 110 outlet . The 'Blackweb USB-3' quit working and that might be why the Rebel doesn't do longer exposures thru MaximDL Pro V6.20 . Walmart doesn't have any in stock . I was looking on the Internet and there are Search pages for what to do if there are problems with your 'USB-3 Hub' .... like 'static' buildup or malfunctioning 'ports' . The Internet says 'Disable' the 'Power Saving' of the 'USB Ports' in the 'Advanced' area of the 'Power Options' of the 'Control Panel' so 'full' power will go to the USB Ports . Also there are things to do in the "Device Manager" section .... and for the 'USB Ports' you would right-click on a Port description and use the 'Uninstall' option for all the Ports for the 'connected' 'USB-3 Hub' ,and leave the USB-3 Hub plugged in during this and then "Restart" the Laptop and when the Laptop stars again it will 'Reinstall' what is needed and that might repair the 'USB-3 Port Hub' ... if the USB-3 Hub doesn't acknowledge it is 'connected' before you do this it might be broken ... but it is worth a try if it 'connects' . The one I had was broken . When my SBIG SG-4 Autoguider started smoking ... it was 'connected thru the 'Blackweb USB-3 7-Port Hub without it's 'power plug' which if it gives the 'USB-3 Hub' it's complete 'power' then it should be used all the time . When the SG-4 had a problem ... the "Device Manager" page appeared and the 'CanonEOSII Rebel T7i' was showing in three descriptions and the third one had a 'red' light flashing in it and a message said to dis-connect immediately ... so I did . Since then the RebelT7i has only done 30 second images thru MaximDL Pro V6.20 ... but the Internet says one Port is usually a 'dedicated' Port so it must be the USB-3 Port on the Laptop which only the ZWOASI120MC-S used for 'guiding' ... and I always use the USB-2 Port with some un-powered USB-2 an in-expensive Hub .... this is probably 'under-powered' . I need a USB-3 Hub that needs a 'power-cord' otherwise one without one uses the power of the Laptop and it's not supplying the 'devices' with the 'power' they need to operate correctly . I also checked in the "Device Manager" page ... the normal USB Ports without anything plugged into the Laptop and when I checked their 'Properties' there was a 'Power Management' tab on some and there was a 'check' box checked the said it ' turns off the power to the USB Port to save energy' ... so I 'un-checked' it for each Port that had this option ... this might help a little . Also at the top of the "Device Manager" page there are words and one is 'View' and I tapped on it and tapped the 'Show hidden devices' and more things appeared in the List and one was the 'Canon EOSII Rebel T7i' with three descriptions like I saw awhile back . There are things you can do with the descriptions ... I think ? .. but I didn't try them yet . x