M82 re-done with Deinterlace

Discussion in 'My Astrophotos' started by ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR, May 21, 2019.

1. ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR

ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR Cyanogen Customer

M82 CanonEOSII 6D'stock-new 2017 model from B+HPhoto' 667secISO4000 using an OrionSkyGlow 2in. filter thru
    two TeleVue 2XPowerMates for 4800mmF/L thru a 152mm A+M Refractor(OfficinaStellare) for four 'one-shotColor'
    PictureStyle-Faithful 5200K and as CR2.s they were put into MaximDL Pro and 'Calibrate' , "ConvertColor" ,
    "KernalFilter-Median5x5" and then "Deinterlace" was done to each image and then smoothed and 'Auto-Correlation-Sum' stacked
    .... the four different images were "Stretch 12Bit" and then 'Manual-2 star' 'Sigma-Clip'_SigmaFactor 0.5 _ Linear _ Normalization:50% ' stacked . .
    .. Here is the Log:
    MaxIm DL Version 6.20 started on DESKTOP-QCLR41U
    Process, Stack
    4 files added in 1 group (new) [3.06 sec]
    Added 4 images for Group1 [31.02 sec]
    Sigma Clip factor 0.50: clipped 99.7% (60320019 of 60510960 pixels)
    Sigma Clip combine succeeded using 131072KB memory [6.19 sec]
    Process, Stack (OK)
    View, Log Window
    File.x
    I used the "ColorBalance" to change the 'green' tint to the color the image is now .x
    and a page appears … select the middle tab for 'View' and you will see down along the list ' Hide extensions for known file types ' and
    you 'un-check' it and press Apply and then OK and that is all .
    " Starlight Xpress Universal about horizontal lines in images in MaximDL' " " Canon U_S_A_, Inc_ How Does Traditional Digital SLR AF Work ' "
    these sites in GOOGLE Search can explain why 'streaking' in images might happen .x

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    I was GOOGLE Searching for any info about Deinterlacing images and why . One reason could be a DSLR or CCD camera
    is downloading the 'Odd' numbered rows and then the 'Even' numbered rows of pixels ., and then the rows have to be re-assembled .
    One site said not to touch anything during the download because it could cause smearing in the image . I just found a page about
    Starlight Express in MaximDL that talks about the problem and how to maybe fix it , but , other cameras don't have this option .
    Other sites I found talk about RBI 'Residual Bulk Image' which says a sensor doesn't always completely download and with bright
    stars in the image for many images and then taking a 'dark' frame can show the 'ghost' of the stars in it from light frame image.
    In 'CloudyNights' someone said if you take an image of the Moon and so it's real bright and then do a 'dark' frame after that you will
    probably see the 'ghost' of the Moon in the 'dark' frame image .
    I was on the Canon site and they say there is another 'sensor' in the camera for the 'View Finder' with the Mirror down and something
    there has tiny small 'sensors' in it for Autofocus with a Lens … I will disable anything to do with that because if it's turned On it might
    be adding what it is seeing into a deepsky image ??? ; and the 'LiveView' Autofocus uses the actual camera's main 'sensor' focus ,
    I don't know if the 'ViewFinder' 'sensors' are doing and small round artifact in some of my images but it might be .
    In 'CloudyNights' someone said 'Amplifier Glow' is in his images for a few 'light' frames and the artifact disappears after awhile but some
    camera's always have this artifact but calibration of some type can remove it … so he starts his camera and while it's cooling down he
    takes 50-100 'bias' frames to remove the 'Amplifier Glow' that's stuck in the 'sensor' pixels . I think doing an Autofocus when imaging
    a different 'object' might remove some 'Residual Bulk Image' from the 'sensor' , and doing a couple of short exposures between long exposures
    might help clean the 'sensor' also . They say 'Pre-Flash' in some cameras does short exposures with an infrared color to slightly
    saturate the 'sensor' a few times before a long exposure to reduce radiation spikes from bright stars that get into a flaw in the substrate
    called traps . But there are some info pages that talk about problems with some images .
    With the Canon EOS DSLRs I use … they can do 'video' streams and the data attached to a long exposure might have it attached and
    an image might seem to scintillate or move in the laptop when looking at it by showing to 'Odd' rows first and then the 'Even' rows and
    might be causing a horizontal banding or comb effect where rows don't align the right way …. so I am taking a guess with the
    Deinterlace command that might eliminate this from happening when the 'Odd' and 'Even' images are stacked together again .?.
    Here are some webpage links that might bring you to these pages .
    One webpage is 8mbs so this is the title Canon U_S_A_. Inc_ How Does Traditional Digital SLR AF Work .x