M83

Discussion in 'My Astrophotos' started by ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR, Apr 1, 2020.

  1. ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR

    ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR Cyanogen Customer

    Joined:
    May 13, 2018
    Messages:
    213
    152mm A+M Refractor(OfficinaStellare-1200mmF/L) thru a TeleVue 2XPowerMate with a BreakThrough X4-UV 49mm filter using step-rings and a CanaonEOSII RebelT7i modified UV-IR @ Hutech on an Astro-Physics 1200GTO Mount at 1xSiderealGuideRate . FifitySix RAWMonochrome 30sec Autosaves were done at ISO800-1600-3200-64--12800-25600 . I did an Average stack to each ISO type and then I Sum stacked the finished FITS image of each ISO and saved it . ....tonight I was reading in the MaximDL Pro V6.20 Manual ... for 'Contents' ... the 'Imaging with MaximDL' and the "Best Practices" page has a lot of info on what to do .... from 'Step-5' down to the end suggests various commands ...'Step-9' says how to 'Compress the Dynamic Range' ... and with the stacked FITS without doing anything else I tried one which was "DigitalDevelopment" and first you put the 'screen-stretch' to Max-Val and then 'open' "Digital Development" and I selected 'FFT=Low-Pass' and 'FFT Hardness as Mild' and both 'Auto' buttons were 'checked' and then I pressed OK . It did make the dynamic range happen ... but there was some reddish haze in the outer Background so then they say to use the "Color Balance" and use the 'mouse' for 'Background' and left-click in an outer area away from the 'object' to set the 'Background' tro gray , which worked .... and then the 'mouse' for 'Scaling' if needed and press OK to finish . I then used 'KernalFilter' to smoothe the faint areas around M83 'SouthernPinWheelGalaxy' . x
     

Share This Page