M94

Discussion in 'My Astrophotos' started by ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR, May 14, 2018.

1. ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR

ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR Cyanogen Customer

M94 Cat's Eye Galaxy with CanonEOSRebel T7i 'modified' 95xpwr'Minus-Violet filter on TeleVue 2.5XPwrMte for 2960mm FL' fourTIFF's' Astrometric-Drizzle 90%'
    and exposures of 6minISO1600 with PictureStyle Faithful-5200K' . I tried to make the images show the most in Canon Digital Photo Professional V4.0 and
    then in MaximDL Pro V6.16 I used the "Batch Process" command and did one image to set it up (Batch Process formula included) ... as I went down the line
    with the TIFF without any added data to it I 'opened' the "PinPoint Astrometry" command and there wasn't any data to 'solve' so next I 'opened' the
    'FITS Header' window and still with the 'Record' button active I scrolled down to enter the XPixel and YPixel entries with a Bin2 version and then press 'Set' for
    each and then the 'Focallen' and then the 'RA and Dec' coordinates for the 'object' and then 'Close' the 'FITS Header' and then press the 'Process' button in
    the "PinPoint Astrometry" command and it processed , I already knew the first image would 'solve' with mag. from 2.0 to 17.50 and it 'solved' and then I 'opened'
    the 'Save As...' window to save the result as a FITS IEEEFloat . Then I stopped the 'Record' in the "Batch Process" . I then put the three other TIFF's in the
    "Batch Process" side window and I 'checked' the box for the "PinPoint Astrometry" command in the "Batch Process" so it would stop there when each other
    command had processed , it must stop at the "PinPoint Astrometry" window so you can press the 'Process' button to activate it and the 'solve' should happen .
    The formula can be 'Saved' to use at other TIFF image processings and you would only have to 'open' the 'FITS Header' window and change the 'XPixel and YPixel
    and 'Focallen' and 'RA and Dec' coordinates and then press the "PinPoint Astrometry" 'Process' button and continue as usual . Astrometric-Drizzle can be a good
    stacking method .
    For the M94 after stacking and "Double Size" back up to Bin1 size ... when I used the "KernalFilter - Dilation7x7 Radius-10 and Feathering-24 with Pixel Restrictions
    from the lowest value in the galaxy to the higher mid-values it showed a lot of different things that weren't visible before that .x The "BatchProcess" file would only upload as a .txt extension so to use it in MaximDL Pro the extension must be changed to .csq .

Attached Files: