Mathematica Interface

Discussion in 'Scripting and Programming' started by Douglas Youvan, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Douglas Youvan

Douglas Youvan Standard User

Does anyone have suggestions for using Mathematica 10.2 on Windows 7 to control timing and exposure on the camera and retrieving an image stack? I absolutely can't use anything other than Mathematica. I just bought an SBIG STT-1603ME High Quantum Efficiency Astronomy Camera.

Wolfram's help is extensive: http://reference.wolfram.com/language/guide/UsingConnectedDevices.html .

Pitfalls? Ideas?

thanks

2. Bob Denny

Bob Denny Cyanogen Customer

DC-3 Dreams, SP, Mesa, Arizona +1 480 396 9700
    I had the idea you might be able to use MaxIm DL to do all of the "heavy lifting" involved in acquiring images from your new camera. MaxIm DL has a high level camera-agnostic API for doing this, and it is accessible from 22 languages on Windows. I don't think Mathematica is one of them but it might be... I looked today and found Episoft's possible product Mathematica for ActiveX. If they could furnish a Mathematica library that would allow calling MaxIm's API your job would collapse into maybe a day's work. Just a thought...