Maxim DL Essentials SW

Discussion in 'General' started by Peter Szeles, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Peter Szeles

Peter Szeles Standard User

Hello,

In 2010 i bought an Orion StarShoot Pro V2 color imaging CCD camera and with camera a got the installation CD of Maxim DL essentials. Last year I bought a new PC but I can not install the program because it seems like the CD is not working. Can you please help me how can I get this SW, or any help? I am working on WIN10

thank you,
    Peter

2. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

We also received your note, and will be in touch.

3. Doug

Doug Staff Member

This is pretty old. Orion was responsible for all technical support on the product. Perhaps they have a download available.

4. William B

William B Cyanogen Customer

Peter.
    The download page for the Orion's Starshoot Pro V2 software is here but they no longer provide the MaxIm DL essentials disk or a download, though they do now provide the camera hardware drivers for 64 bit Windows OS which your new PC will almost certainly be:

https://www.telescope.com/Orion-StarShoot-Pro-V20-Deep-Space-Color-CCD-Imaging-Camera/p/99573.uts

One of our astro club members tried to get Orion's MaxIm DL essentials disk to load on Windows 10 last year but was unsuccessful, it seems that the autorun installer on the supplied disk is not 64bit compatible.

This extract from the current Orion StarShoot V2 manual is telling:

Screenshot 2019-09-09 at 14.47.00.jpg

The latest 64bit camera drivers on the linked page above do work with (some) newer 64bit compatible acquisition software.

William.