Maxim LT issues

Discussion in 'STC Series CMOS' started by Galaxyhunter, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Galaxyhunter

Galaxyhunter Cyanogen Customer

I received my STC-7 camera & installed the filters. Before I install the SC2 & AO8, I was going to bench test the camera as per manual. I plug in the thumb drive to load software. I click on the Launcher.exe & the installation program starts. I click on the "Install MaximDL" button and what I get is a quick small (DOS) black screen that flashes off right a way. It's quick enough that I can't read what it's saying.

I also go to register the Maxim LT software as per the blue sheet in the camera case.
    My email returns with the subject "Unable to authenticate your request for MaxIm LT"
    I open the email and there is one word, "Success"

I'm in a state of confusion, which is nothing new for me. Carl.

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Oh, looks like there's a little glitch in the Launcher on your stick. Just double-click the MaxImDL626.exe file.

LT license requests require manual approval on our end. That should happen sometime today.

3. Paul Burgardt

Paul Burgardt Cyanogen Customer

I had exactly the same thing happen to me. I became convinced that something is goofy in the memory stick I got. Just a minute ago, I got a proper authentication from DL. Maybe they did fix their system.

4. Galaxyhunter

Okay, I got the software loaded & the License code has returned. Bench tested & the filter wheel rotates & a shaded image appears on the screen so, It looks like it ready for the next assembly step.

I was wondering if you could give me some backfocus data. I found the pdf file for backfocusing but it doesn't list either the STC7 or the old ST series camera.
    What I'm looking for is the backfocus between the plain ST10 and the STC7 w/ SC2.

Thanks, Carl.

5. Tim Povlick

Tim Povlick Cyanogen Customer

6. Galaxyhunter

Thanks Tim. I downloaded it for future reference. That file doesn't have the ST cameras listed. I did find that measurement for an old online spec sheet.