Maxlm DL pro crashes

Discussion in 'Aluma CCD Series' started by mike m benjamin, Jul 19, 2020.

1. mike m benjamin

mike m benjamin Cyanogen Customer

Last night after my imaging run was over I hit on the camera control tab the cooler warm up function and the entire program crashed and shut down. This was using my Aluma U694 camera. I've done the same thing with my STT3200 and the warm up function did what its supposed to.

2. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Are you running MaxIm 6.22 with driver version 1.7.1.0 ?

Can you send over the MaxIm log?
    Usually found in somewhere like:
    C:\Users\Mike\Documents\MaxIm DL 6\Log

Check the Windows Event Viewer for a crash report.
    eventviewer.png
    event_applicationerr.png
    Can you give me the details of where it crashed?

We may want to set up your machine for CrashDumps so we can get the crash dump and debug this more quickly next time this happens.
    Is that something you'd be willing to do?
    It involves making 1 registry change, and then we'd look for a MaxIm_DL crashdump in %localappdata%\CrashDumps.

3. mike m benjamin

Hi Colin,

I just checked my Maxlm version, it is the latest 6.22. I have attached a screen shot of the event viewer error log of the event. I can set up for a crash dump in the future if needed no problem.

Attached Files:

4. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Ok, that is the Microsoft Universal C Run Time base library that's crashing; an OS component, not a MaxIm component.
    So, for some reason something is going wrong in this Microsoft code, and then when it fails, MaxIm fails.

I've attached a .reg file that you can unzip and double click to install.
    It enables crashdumps for everything, and if it crashes again (or anything on the PC crashes), it will put a dump file in:
    %localappdata%\CrashDumps
    eg
    C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\CrashDumps
    and the file will be called something like:
    MaxIm_DL.exe.2360.dmp

So, test again, and if MaxIm crashes, we'll want you to zip up the .dmp file, and send to us via WeTransfer/Dropbox/Google drive or something like that, as it will be big.

Attached Files:

5. mike m benjamin

Thanks Colin. I just tried a couple bench tests to see if it would crash, of course it did not. I do think it happened twice to me though. I think my computer was as tired as me at that point in the morning and was trying to tell me something, lol. If it happens again I have the crash dump installed.

6. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Of course. It's the usual deal where you take the car into the dealer for service, and it won't do it. At least you'll be prepared.