Maxpoint Register

Discussion in 'Licensing Issues' started by Viper, May 30, 2022.

1. Viper

Viper Standard User

I requested a demo version of maxpoint and received it today. but the registration does not work. I get after entering the time-limited license at each start the message in red that the license has expired. The license should run until 28-06-2022. Name email and serial are 100% correct. What can I change so that the license is accepted?

2. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Check the time zone and time are correct on your PC. Which operating system are you trying it on? Have you installed ASCOM Platform 6.6?

3. Viper

Viper Standard User

thank you for the quick response.
    yes correct time zone and time, ascom 6.6 installed and win10pro.

4. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

5. Viper

Viper Standard User

Problem found, but no solution found.
    On the computer is an old version (1.0.16) of maxpoint from 2006. Expiration date 19-01-2006.
    It is not possible to overwrite the old license data from 2006 with the new license data from version 1.4.0.
    Also the uninstallation of the version from 2006 and the reinstallation with the current version of maxpoint brings no solution.
    How can I remove the old license data from Windows so that the current license data is accepted by Maxpoint?

6. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Purchasing a permanent license should reset the license.

7. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Colin is correct - MaxPoint only allows a demo license to be used once on the computer. You can install a full user license and that will work.