Move MaximDL6 licence from one computer to a new one

Discussion in 'Licensing Issues' started by Christian Hennes, Sep 23, 2021.

1. Christian Hennes

Christian Hennes Cyanogen Customer

Hello, I need to move MaximDL6 licence from one computer to a new one. Can you provide instructions?
    thanks,
    Christian

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

3. Phil Evans

Phil Evans Cyanogen Customer

I need to move my v6.20 to a new PC and have followed the instructions in this thread. The program ran and asked for my license which I opened up in notepad. The data appeared in the license box then it shut down. Now when I click on the link nothing happens. The program shows no response at all. I'm pretty sure I have the correct license so what could be wrong? I have tried re-installing, tried updatinf to V6.21 (which I am entitled to) but still nothing happens.

4. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Pm sent to Phil.

5. Phil Evans

Phil Evans Cyanogen Customer

Thanks for looking into this for me, however I do have the correct serial number and signature. I compared the two in Excel and mine is identical to the one you have sent me below. And now the good news – I now have Maxim 6 running, just not on drive C. I figured it was likely to be a permissions problem, so I removed it from C:\Program Files (X86) and re-installed on drive D and now it works.

Exactly what permissions need to be set for it to run on the C drive I do not know but at least I am back up running.

6. Doug

Doug Staff Member

No idea... shouldn't matter what drive it is on. Main thing is you got it working.