mutiple guide cams

Discussion in 'CCDOPS and SBIG Universal Driver (Retired)' started by Michael walsh, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Michael walsh

Michael walsh Cyanogen Customer

Hi
    Im setting up my dream observatory at a country site which I plan in the near future to make fully robotic.
    The setup includes a takahashi fsqedxIII with my new sbig stx 16803 with fw5 as well as a 14” carbon fibre orion odk with an stt8300m with self guiding filter wheel and a small 50mm refractor with an sti M. All running on a Paramount ME. The main problem I have is, how do I remotely connect the three possible guider outputs to the Paramount?

Obviously when Im physically out at the observatory , I can plug the guider I decide to use into the mount. When the observatory is used remotely I will have to be able leave the three connected and choose between them.

Given the guide signals are just essentially relays (optical couplers) closing, I suspect I can simply daisy chain the guide port leads on 6 pin rj12 splitters (rj45 splitters with rj12 sleeves) and as long as 2 guiders are not working at the same time it should be fine. I would be grateful for advice as to whether this is foolish or dangerous or if there is another alternative
    kind regards
    MW

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015