Need help connecting Exploradome ll with Foster Controller to Maxim DL

Discussion in 'Demo User Tech Support' started by Jdole, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Jdole

Jdole Standard User

I have an Exploradome ll with a 14" Meade LXD200GPS and want to test using Maxim DL for control and automation. Maxim DL will connect to the telescope driver fine but not the AstroMC Dome/Roof driver. When I press the 'connect' button in the Maxim DL Observatory Setup window it looks like it is trying to connect for a second and then goes right back to disconnected.

-AstroMC version 2.4 b1 is running.
    -AstroMC Dome Slave is not checked.
    -Telescope is not connected in AstroMC.
    -AstroMC manages dome az calculation is unchecked.

I'm hoping there is someone else who is using Maxim DL and/or can provide a few ideas on exactly how to configure this to work.

MaximDL6_NoConnect_AstroMC.JPG Thank you,
    Jim

2. Tim

Tim Staff Member

Are you able to connect/control the dome through AstroMC using any other software?

Are there any properties for the dome control that need to be configured?

3. Jdole

Jdole Standard User

I downloaded the trial version of Prism software and I can connect to the dome fine using the same ASCOM drivers. I can also connect using CCD Commander. I posted this same question in the Foster Systems forum and one person did respond that he was able to connect to Maxim DL6, however, that user has a roll off roof observatory not a dome. There is not distinction with the driver, it is for both dome and roll off roof. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both Maxim DL and the dome control AstroMC and it makes no difference.

I'm kind of at a loss as to what else I can try here so if anyone has suggestions, please let me know.
    Thank you,
    Jim

4. Tim

Tim Staff Member

Please try the following:

In MaxIm DL, select "POTH Hub" as the dome. Then click the "Properties" button for POTH Hub, and in the POTH Hub window, select "AstroMC Dome/Roof Driver". Next, click "Connect" in MaxIm DL to connect the dome. Click the "Traffic" button on the POTH Hub window, and check all options.