New License is out of date

Discussion in 'Licensing Issues' started by Don Westergren, Oct 16, 2022.

1. Don Westergren

Don Westergren Cyanogen Customer

I purchased a new license for MaximDL on October 8, 2022. You sent me the new license and I installed it. But the new license shows the expire date as 2022/10/16. I really expected the expire date to be more than 8 days later - like maybe 2023???

Can you help?

Don Westergren

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Please do not post your license in a public forum!!!! Send a Private Message. I have deleted the attachment.

Actually all we need to find your record is the first 5 digits of the serial number, and that is safe to post in public because no one can use it for anything.

Your previous license expired on 2022/10/14. You purchased an upgrade from MaxIm DL Pro to MaxIm DL Pro Suite, not a subscription to extend your license. Pro Suite adds the ability to run MaxPoint software.

Since you only upgraded product levels, you did not purchase a subscription so there was no license extension. (Actually our system always rounds the date up slightly, to give you a little extra grace period, so the date ended up being 2022/10/16 instead of 2022/10/14.)

If you made an error on your purchase let us know and we'll help sort this out.

3. Don Westergren

Don Westergren Cyanogen Customer

Hi Doug,

I guess I made a mistake when I went to pay for another year of Maxim. I only want to use MaximDL not an upgrade to Pro Suite. Can you adjust? The serial 5 digits of my current Maxim is 2C2X0.

Don

4. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Mercedes will be in touch.