Newest Image: Sh2 187

Discussion in 'My Astrophotos' started by Sreilly, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Sreilly

Sreilly Cyanogen Customer

This is one of the longest images I've taken and due to weather it spans a month from September 26 until October 29. A total of 233 images taken at 15 minutes each for a total of 58.25 hours. After culling the data I ended up using 40.25 hours, 163 images used. Weather that was often very variable caused a good deal of the data less than good. I used minimal processing to keep the noise as low as possible. Basically the data was calibrated, aligned, and then masters made for the luminance, red, green, and blue. The master rgb frames were combined, cropped, and then had the background corrected as well as neutralizing the background. I did use eXcalibrator to come up with the color ratio and used the LRGB combine process to set the color ratio. I re-sampled the rgb image, binned 2x2, to match the luminance 1x1 image and then aligned both using star alignment. The aligned masters were then combined. All images taken using ACP and MaxIm, processed in Pix Insight.

I think I've spent more time on this one image than any so far. Anyway the direct link is http://www.astral-imaging.com/Sh2-187-RC2.html

Thanks for looking,

Steve

Attached Files:

artem likes this.
  2. JoshuaHufford

JoshuaHufford Cyanogen Customer

Very nice image.

3. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Beautiful. Very clean, lots of faint subtle detail.

4. Fender1956

Fender1956 Standard User

Wow, that is awesome!

5. Sreilly

Sreilly Cyanogen Customer

Thanks guys.