NGC2525

Discussion in 'My Astrophotos' started by ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR, Jan 10, 2022.

1. ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR

ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR Cyanogen Customer

CanonEOSII RebelT7i modified UV-IR @ Hutech thru a 152mm A+M Refractor(OfficinaStellare-1200mmF/L) using a TeleVue 2XPowerMate for an effect of 2400mmFL and without using any filter , early in the morning on Jan. 4 2022 before I did NGC4725 . I thought I would try 429secISO3200 so I did and I got six of them thru MaximDL Pro v6.16 Autosave Sequence also using a 67secISO200 flush-frame before each 'light' frame . For "White Balance" in the DSLR I used the 'Custom-icon' that had a 'black-card' image applied to it . I stacked them as SDMask . NGC2525 is East of the Sirius Constellation .x After working on a stacked Bin1 FITS and trying to smooth the outer galaxy arms and finding they won't smooth no matter what command you apply , you can do a Bin2 or "Half Size" and in the case of 3.72micron sized pixels like I have , you can "Resize" to 6.5micron sized pixels and then "Half Size" or Bin2 . Then smoothing will be a lot easier with "Kernal Filter-GaussianBlur with pixels-restrictions from about 500 to the amount that starts to enter the faint arms of a galaxy which could be about 10000 and try the 'blurring' with about 1.50 or more and Full screen view till the blur looks ok " . Another option is the "Wavelet Filter" with the layers from #5 down at maximum 4.00 and the layers from #1 to #4 are used to control the amounts that affect the galaxy " , The Wavelet Filter can smooth large stars pretty good to remove 'over-saturated' cores . Then you might need "UnSharpMask" to sharpen the galaxy with pixels-restrictions " . x