NGC4236

Discussion in 'My Astrophotos' started by ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR, Mar 17, 2022.

1. ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR

ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR Cyanogen Customer

RebelT7i modified UV-IR @ Hutech thru a 152mm A+M Refractor(OfficinaStellare-1200mmF/L) using a TeleVue .8XReducer/Flattener for an effect of 950mmFL and without using any 'filter' except for the DSLR's 'blocking' filter in the camera . I used a "Custom White Balance" for the 'Custom' icon and the image selected was of a 'black' 30in.x20in. cardboard from DollarTree for $1.00 and during a cloudy day using the 'Daylight' icon at ISO100 which kept the board dark black . I used the 'HighlightTonePriority-Enabled' and 'Long Exposure Noise Reduction-Enabled' ..x JNow RA: 12h 17m 46s and Dec:+69* 20' 24" , but with the Astro-Physics 1200GTO Mount I use I always use MaximDL Pro V6.16 to control the mount as J2000 coordinates and I use "PinPoint Astrometry" as J2000 solving . The NGC4236 galaxy is next to ' 6 Dra/HIP61384 ' and ' Kappa Dra/5 Dra/HIP61281 ' and ' 4 Dra/HIP60998 ' and they are 3rd to 5th mag. stars .
    I did eight 200secISO1600 and 3200 RAWMonochrome Autosave FITS with '67secISO200 flush-frames' before each 'light' frame . Then I did six 451secISO3200 and 6400 'light' frames the same way for a total of fourteen FITS images .
    I stacked each separate time exposure types as Sigma-Clip_DeltaLevel' after I did a "Convert Color" as the Full applied method which is like in the Manual as > Before I 'stacked' them I did a "ConvertColor-Scaling R-G-B at 100% and I turned off the 'Auto' for 'Background' and then I used the 'Reset' button to put the 'background' level to ' 0 ' for R-G-B and also I 'checked' the 'Under-sample' which acts as an anti-aliasing filter and I 'checked' the 'High Quality' box which has a 'gradient' algorithm that calculates how to remove the 'gradient' in the image .... like the Manual says . But , the image is a 'red' color , but after 'stacking' you you the "ColorBalance-Scaling R-105 G-110 B-115 and you might have to use the 'mouse' click for 'Background' " . Then when I stacked them they were at the original 3.72micron size pixel size . I did different commands to the two time exposure stacks that I combined then as Sum to retain all the data ... the image was still 'red' from the 'convert-color' and then I used the "Color Balance" to show a more normal color . "Color Adjust" was needed to remove a glow-tint' near the galaxy as yellow - green - blue - cyan . After I did a "Resize" from 3.72microns to 6.5micron sized pixels I did a "HalfSize(Bin2) and I worked on the image with smoothing the 'background' and the "Stretch" command with Gamma: 0.9 a few different times and the 'screen-stretch' window to try to remove the glow around the galaxy .
    This was with a TeleVue .8XReducer/Flattener causing an effect of 950mmFL and it looks like the Telescope's Prime Focus of 1200mmF/L with an APM Flattener might show the galaxy OK . The 'guiding is with a ZWO120MC-S as ASCOM and Bin2 guiding . x