NGC4565 and NGC5907 re-done with "Digital Development"

Discussion in 'My Astrophotos' started by ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR, Apr 11, 2020.


    ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR Cyanogen Customer

    May 13, 2018
    I re-did these galaxies , and after stacking I used the "Digital Development" command in MaximDL Pro V6.20 using 'FFT-Low-Pass with FFT Hardness: Hard' …. and some smoothing .

    152mm A+M Refractor(OfficinaStellare-1200mmFL) using an APM Flattener and a BreakThrough X4-UV 49mm filter with step-rings from 35mm T-Ring to APM Flattener step-rings and using a CanonEOSII RebelT7i 'modified UV-IR @ Hutech' on an Astro-Physics 1200GTO Mount at 1xSiderealGuideRate and doing 30secISO1600-3200-6400-12800 RAWMonochrome Bin1 Autosave images in MaximDL Pro V6.20 for eleven ISO1600 images and eleven ISO3200 images and thirtyone ISO6400 images and eleven ISO12800 images ; and a good idea is to list the ISO# in the 'suffix' box by the exposure time box so you can tell which images are which to move them to their own Folder when you go to process them , or you'l have to 'open' them in MaximDL Pro and see what they are with the FITS Header window which is real time consuming to do sixty or more Autosave images . . I did a Calibrate using a FlatMaster that was done with a Pink shirt from Wal-Mart to cover the Aperature because an Internet page said Pink gets Red_Green_Blue better than White ..for the 'flats' at ' .05sec ' for each ISO for two frames each ... and then other commands in a BatchProcess and I saved them as IEEEFloat to eliminate line streaks . I stacked each separate ISO as Average in their own Folder and then I used the stacked FITS of each ISO and then stacked them as Sum ... all images and the FITS were "PinPointAstrometry" 'GSC solved' . I used the "ColorBalance - Scaling 300% for 'Red' , 'Green' , and 'Blue' and Auto-Background button" on the finished FITS NGC4565 image . With this version after stacking the finished FITS I used the "Digital Development" command with 'FFT-Low-Pass' and FFT Hardness:Medium' and then I used the 'screen-stretch' to brighten and remove a 'redish' background haze . ! . .x

Share This Page