NGC6992 'Network' section... info on "Meridian Delay"

Discussion in 'My Astrophotos' started by ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR, Sep 22, 2020.

1. ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR

ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR Cyanogen Customer

152mm A+M Refractor(OfficinaStellare-1200mmF/L) using a TeleVue .8XReducer/Flattener for an effect of 950mmFLwith a BreakThroughX4-UV 49mm filter with step-rings to 48mm and a CanonEOSII RebelT7i modified UV-IR @ Hutech on an ** Astro-Physics 1200GOT '2010' Mount ** using MaximDL Pro V6.16 and the newest Astro-Physics V2 Driver and the newest ASCOM Platform ..... the image is a single shot 67secISO6400 and what I found out about the "Meridian Delay" that is activated thru the Astro-Physics V2 Driver ..... I was pointing WEST with the Telescope and if there are 'objects EAST of the Meridian , you can set into the 'Expand' section of the Astro-Physics V2 Driver that's only active after connecting to MaximDL Pro .... and in the top right is the section for "Meridian Delay" ... so if I type in ' 4.0 ' which is a positive number and then press 'Set Meridian Delay' .. in about 2 seconds the top title will say 'Meridian Delay : Enabled ' and when you do a GoTo to an 'object' that is EAST of the Meridian the Telescope will keep pointing WEST and slew back toward the 'object' on the EAST side of the Meridian ... so it works . If I was point the Telescope EAST and set into the Astro-Physics V2 Driver for "Meridian Delay" ' -4.0 ' and and press 'Set Meridian Delay' and then did a GoTo to a WEST of the Meridian 'object' then the Telescope would still point EAST but slew back to the WEST side of the Meridian to the 'object' /... so it works this way .... then if you don't want the "Meridian Delay" active you press the 'Clear Meridian Delay' button . I am using the Telescope Type 'read' ASCOM Driver from which knows it's a German Equatorial Mount ... which can then be seen in the 'Status' tab of the "Observatory" command where 'Tracking..Pier Side.., ...' is and putting the pointer on that line will cause the .... German Mount ... to faintly show as the continued line . I am also using ASCOM Normal option on the 'Connect' tab where you 'connect' to the Mount with MaximDL Pro .x

Attached Files:

artem likes this.