NGC7000 RebeT7i 30secISO12800 Mosaic

Discussion in 'My Astrophotos' started by ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR, Dec 27, 2019.

1. ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR

ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR Cyanogen Customer

RebelT7i 'modified UV_IR @ Hutech' thru a 152mm A+M Refractor(OfficinaStellare-1200mmF/L) thru a TeleVue .8XReducer/Flattener for 950mmF/L using a Baader 7nm HydrogenAlpha 2in. filter and using MaximDL Pro V6.20 for RAWMonochrome Autosaves using the 'Mosaic' command with four 30secISO12800 images per Tile section ...and Average stacking the images in each Tile and then trying to assemble the Tiles in the 'Mosaic' assembly command ... the rebelT7i will only do 30sec exposures in MaximDL Pro for some un-known reason till figure out why .. because I wanted to use 81secISO6400 images for each Tile section .!. otherwise this shows the possible content available ..;; I was reading in Clarkvision.com .. that the Canon 7D MarkII would be the best DSLR to use and the small pixels are needed to show better stars like it says in the 'Horsehead example image with a 300mmLens using a 7D MarkII ...because it has a lot of resolution which is explained in the Review. .x

2. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Do you have the camera in B = Bulb mode, or M = Manual mode ? B for long exposres.

3. ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR

ROBERT T SCHAEFER JR Cyanogen Customer

Manual Mode … because the RebelT7i doesn't have a Bulb Mode on the Dial , but I was able to do 15 minute or
    whatever length I wanted before . But lately it's not going past 31 seconds and the FITS Header says the exposure
    is the length I set into the Expose amount ? . This happened once before but eventually it stopped doing it and
    now it's happening again . I tried everything I could think of but nothing works . I can use the EOS Utility with
    the little 'Clock' icon for multiple exposures with an 'Interval between' and for Mosaics in MaximDL Pro I
    can 'solve' a position first and Overlay the image in the Zoom window and then watch the 'cursor' and use the
    Telescope tab and do a 'move' of 50'arc-min East or West and then start the Canon EOS Utility 'Remote Shooting'
    for a couple of shots and then 'move' the Telescope again and I still could mosaic something for 81secISO6400 or
    longer .x