No response to Aluma registration request

Discussion in 'Licensing Issues' started by Serena Steuart, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Serena Steuart

Serena Steuart Cyanogen Customer

Normally I wouldn't post such a matter on a forum, but communications with Diffraction have me frustrated. After 5 months wait I finally received my Aluma camera and started the registration process, getting back
    Thanks for registering your new camera! We will get in touch with you shortly.
    which was a week ago without response to two such efforts. I'm not getting the experience I expected in going over to an SBIG product.

2. Serena Steuart

Of course, while I was on this computer their response had arrived on another. So immediate problem solved.

3. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Sorry for the delay. Since MaxIm LT is new, the registration process is currently manual. That will be resolved shortly.

Please also remember that you can use the full MaxIm DL Pro demo for 30 days.

4. Serena Steuart

Thank you. I have MaxIm DL Pro 6.17 but I still need to click install MaximDL on the your software installer. A little problem is that nothing happens, so I can't follow the on screen instructions to enter the licence key (that I now have). Windows 10. Yes, I have plugged in the USB stick that came with the camera and have started Launcher.

Yes, I do have the email with licence on the computer. I have also try copy it to the clipboard. None of these actions makes any difference to the non-action of the Launcher.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
  5. Doug

Doug Staff Member

You have to run the software, after installing, in order to enter the license.

If the installer doesn’t start for some reason, try rebooting. It should either run or give you an error.

6. Serena Steuart

Thank you for replying. Shortly I will try again, but what is the purpose of the licence? I already have MaxIm pro 6.17 installed and licenced.

7. Doug

Doug Staff Member

If you already have Pro then you do not need LT. Pro has more features.

8. Serena Steuart

That was my expectation. So Launcher has detected that and not taken action? A fact that the manual ought to mention specifically, for the instructions appear to insist on loading MaxIm Lt even if you already have the software installed. Good practice to always have a manual tested by a user unfamiliar with the product. You probably read: ''This applies whether you are installing the included MaxIm LT application or a licensed version of the fully-featured MaxIm DL program'' and think 'So....'' because you are too familiar with the procedure.

9. Serena Steuart

Indeed Launcher does nothing if you have the appropriate MaxIm DL already, but just sits and sulks. The Aluma sets up nicely once one gets over that roadblock.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
  10. Doug

Doug Staff Member

The launcher doesn’t know about whether the software is installed or not. Will have to investigate that. It should always run the installer.