Odd ST-i C response (missing 'color' in the name returned by GetCCDInfo)

Discussion in 'Legacy Models - Community Support' started by Cheyenne Wills, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Cheyenne Wills

Cheyenne Wills Standard User

I have a early ST-i C which I've been using for autoguiding (under linux using PHD2 with some local modifications to support direct USB connections). This has been working great.

I've only been using the ST-i for guiding and haven't really cared to this point about trying to use it as a imaging camera. (original purpose for getting the color version was to have the ability to do some single shot color imaging on occasion).

Now I've started looking at also using it to do some color image captures. The odd response is in the response to the GetCCDInfo request (request type=0 - standard request for Imaging CCD). The name returned in the GetCCDINfoResults0 field doesn't have the word "color" in it.

The retrieved image can be debayered just fine (I get a color image), so the camera itself is working correctly. It's just the response is incorrect.

I believe that I'm using the latest Linux SDK

(I'll post the actual result values later in the evening).

2. Cheyenne Wills

So.. I borrowed a Windows system, loaded up the SBIGDriverChecker and CCDops5. Updated the firmware from 2.36 to 2.37 (went okay). Ran CCDops5 and did a capture. The camera still reports as just a ST-i without color. Of course the grab function wouldn't allow me to do a color grab. So with the b&w image, I was able to use Utility -> Single Shot Color -> Color Process ... to get a color image.

Attached is a screen shot showing the original captured image, the colorized image and the Camera Info display
    Capture.PNG

For me this just a oddity... I can "live" with what's going on (since I can either program around the problem, or I can just post process the image(s)), but if there is an "easy" fix I would like to hear about it.

Thanks

3. Tim

Tim Staff Member

There is a problem here...although I am not certain how it could have happened. There is no serial number assigned to this camera, and as you pointed out, it is not configured as a color camera. Can you tell me the serial number written on the camera itself?

4. Cheyenne Wills

I sent the SN in a private message. The below the SN it does say 'SBIG Model ST-i C'