# of computers to install Maxim DL

Discussion in 'Licensing Issues' started by jliles01, Jan 20, 2015.

1. jliles01

jliles01 Cyanogen Customer

How many computers can I install a purchased copy of Maxim DL on? A friend and I have an observatory at his house. We would use it there for imaging and processing. But I like to also do my own processing at my house, and it would help to learn the software in my spare time at home. Would I need to purchase another copy? Or could I install the same downloaded copy on both computers? Actually, we have 2 computers at the observatory. One connected to the camera/scope, and one for whatever else we want to play with while we're imaging.

I don't want to use the software illegally in any way. But I also couldn't afford 2 or 3 copies of it.

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

The software is intended for single use. You are allowed to install it on two computers as long as you aren't using both at the same time. This accommodates using it on a field computer for capture and a home computer for processing.

The full license agreement is at http://www.cyanogen.com/help/maximdl/License_Agreement.htm

3. Mike Poitter

Mike Poitter Cyanogen Customer

Is there any chance that, in the future, you might allow a second instance to run simultaneously via some sort of "site license"? I notice that AP now does that with their APCC software - you pay $449 for the first license and $49 for each additional one. I know - you're not AP!

Mike

4. Doug

Doug Staff Member

We don't envision changing our licensing at this time.

5. Bob Denny

Bob Denny Cyanogen Customer

DC-3 Dreams, SP, Mesa, Arizona +1 480 396 9700
    Keeping mind that AP sells mounts one at a time. APCC is an adjunct helper app. There's no "site license" for mounts :) Software is routinely undervalued, especially for the level (and cost) of support that is required for a successful software business.

6. jliles01

I reads your reply in my email and failed to sign in here to thank you. I apologize, and thanks for the reply. Now I have another question. I just purchased the Maxim DL Pro Suite. I have installed the 30-day free trial and have been playing with it. Will I need to un-install the trial version, and then install the downloaded version? Or can I just insert the license for the download version into the trial version I now have installed?

7. Tim

Tim Staff Member

You do not need to uninstall the software. You can insert the license information to convert MaxIm DL from the demo to full version.

8. jliles01

Thank you, Tim. Also, I see in the email with the license where I download the MaxPoint part of it. That was going to be the next question.

9. Tim

Tim Staff Member

Yes, once MaxPoint is installed, you can use the same license for MaxIm DL to activate it.

10. Gianfranco

Gianfranco Standard User

Hallo Tim, what's the correct way to install a copy of maxdl in a second computer? Dowload a free version then write amy license code? or...?
    Thank you for answer and best regards
    Gianfranco Durante

11. Tim

Tim Staff Member

If your license is eligible to use the latest version, yes, you can download the demo and activate it with your full license. You should also have received a download link with your license email.

12. Gianfranco

Gianfranco Standard User

Thank you very much!
    Gianfranco