Pattern noise from STXL 11002

Discussion in 'STX and STXL Series Cameras' started by Robert Mueller, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Robert Mueller

Robert Mueller Standard User

I'm imaging with a fairly new STXL 1002 camera. I'm getting a rectangular pattern noise across my images that shows up on the raw fits and cannot seem to remove using my normal processing workflow in PixInsight. Although the pattern noise may look subtle it compromises any final images.

I am uploading two files for inspection...both are crops from images binned 1x1 and with a normal amount of histogram stretch. One is a final processed crop while the other is a single raw frame (no calibration).

I do not see the same pattern noise on my bias or darks. Any ideas on how to remove this noise?

Thanks,
    Robert Mueller

Attached Files:

2. Robert Mueller

Does anyone from SBIG have a comment on this? Anything else I can send along?
    Thanks,
    Robert Mueller

3. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Can you upload a bias frame in FITS format?

4. Robert Mueller

5. Robert Mueller

Doug,
    Do you have any conclusions or observations after reviewing the requested files? The problem has not gone away. I can report that the problem seems worse when camera is binned 2x2. for now the pattern noise makes processing acceptable images nearly impossible.
    Regards,
    Robert Mueller