Possible AO-8T bug discovered in TSX with rotators.

Discussion in 'Guiding and Adaptive Optics - StarChaser and AO' started by Wannaberocker, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Wannaberocker

Wannaberocker Cyanogen Customer

I have my new set up going ( using TSX and all drivers up to date) and noticed I had to recalibrate my AO-8T every time my position angle changes. Now we all know this should not be the way it works.

What Jeff Dickermnan and I discovered on a remote session 2 days ago at my observatory was that the initial calibration works fine, but when the position angle is changed the AO glass guide vector is ALSO being rotated so the glass actually gets confused and tips the wrong way right off the guider FOV, the mount bumps were turned off, this is an AO issue but not sure on who's part....either Bisque or Diffraction.

If you want more details Jeff from Optec will be happy to provide you with screen shots of the session.

I was wondering if we could get this corrected?

As always thanks!

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

First of all, the rotator cannot physically affect the AO angle because the AO is bolted to the camera. If TheSkyX is changing angles for some reason it should not be doing that.

The mount bump angle does change. The software may or may not adjust for that.

This is all on the software side. I suggest you contact them for support.

3. Wannaberocker

Wannaberocker Cyanogen Customer

Thanks Doug! I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a known issue with the AO-8T. SBIG is the greatest in my book! I'll contact the bisque fellas for this one, thank you sir.