Progress with STC-7

Discussion in 'STC Series CMOS' started by Galaxyhunter, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Galaxyhunter

Galaxyhunter Cyanogen Customer

With a lot of help from Colin ( endless thanks for Colin ), I'm starting to move closer to a stable platform. My first major problem seems to be from a fairly new Win 10 machine that turns out to be a POS. Moved to even newer Win 10 machine, and I'm starting to make progress. A couple of small items to figure out which I'm sure is configuration based. And I should be good to go.

I do have a couple of questions
    1: After I have the guider locked on a star & I start an exposure, there seems to be a 5 second " Guider Settling" delay. Is there some way I can adjust that time? I looked all over but didn't see anything.

2: Filter 8 is supposed to be the simulated scope cap for taking dark frames. Is there a way to bypass that warning box to "Cap the telescope"? What happened to me was last Friday night, after the clouds rolled in, I setup some auto-exposures to collect two sets of DARK frames. I setup with 21 x 180 secs, Then 15 x 600 second. I clicked the start button & "Cap Telescope" warning came up. I just clicked ok & it started with the first set. I went to bed. The next morning, I found that none of the second set (600 second) DARKs was taken & the Cap Telescope warning box was displayed.

Thanks, Carl.

2. Tim Povlick

Tim Povlick Cyanogen Customer

Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
  3. Galaxyhunter

Thank you Tim.

4. Galaxyhunter

Okay, I must be the dumbest person on this planet. Where would I find the pdf version of the manual??? I went to the Maxim DL page, clicked downloads, and when I click "Manual" I just get the online version. I don't see a pdf option.

5. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

You'll find the manual accessible from within MaxIm DL Pro.
    Help... PDF Manual
    It will download the manual if you don't already have it, and then launch Adobe Acrobat Reader (or whatever your PDF viewer is).

6. Galaxyhunter

7. Tim Povlick

Tim Povlick Cyanogen Customer

Glad you got it squared away Carl...

Tim