Recent Update

Discussion in 'STF Series CCD Cameras' started by John Blockyou, Feb 15, 2015.

1. John Blockyou

John Blockyou Standard User

I just updated my STF-8300m drivers using the newest SetupDriverChecker64 and it updated all my drivers. Now my SkyX doesn't see my camera anymore and when I click on the "firmware" tab I can't get the firmware version from the camera. When I click on the "firmware" tab I get the error: Could not link the SBIGUDRV.DLL Please click "Update" on the drivers tab and try again... which doesn't help either. Any fixes or suggestions?

Update:
    I just uninstalled the newest SetupDriverChecker64 and and deleted the SBIG folder and installed an older version of SetupDriverChecker64 that I saved on a thumb drive and everything is working again.

Update:
    All drivers are updated to the latest except the SBIGUDRV.DLL
    The latest version of SBIGUDRV.DLL that I can get to work is: 4.85 Build1 Dated 01-26-15
    The newest version will not work for me.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
  2. Jan Soldan

Jan Soldan Cyanogen Customer

John,
    I did a lot of tests with my STF-8300 and different SetupDriverCheckers64 and all worked fine on my side. So, there has to be some software installation problems
    on your system related to SBIG driver, that your STF doesn't work. Please try the following:

1) Download _fresh_ copy of Windows driver checker from: http://www.sbig.com/support/software/
    2) Run it.
    3) Press Remove button.
    4) Press Update button.

Now, you should have the latest driver v 4.86, buid 1 installed. This one works well with my STF-8300M camera. I can switch to the Firmware TAB to see installed
    firmwares too. Please, check also our FAQ section at: http://www.diffractionlimited.com/forum/index.php

Jan

3. Jan Soldan

John,
    That's strange. As I said, I had downloaded and installed the latest driver version and all work on my Win 8.1 OS. I am not sure, what version of installer itself is on your CD, but if this is below 4.00, then there are no additional Windows libraries included, which may be the source of those problems.
    Otherwise, it is not necessary to have Microsoft framework or VS installed. In any case, this look you have some mix of an older and newer sbig stuff on your pc.
    Jan

4. John Blockyou

John Blockyou Standard User

Heres where I stand right now:
    sbigudrv.dll 4.86 Build 1 - Dated 01-30-15 will not work.
    sbigudrv.dll 4.85 Build 1 - Dated 01-26-15 works perfect with no problems.
    What was changed in 4 days between ver 4.85 and 4.86?

5. Jan Soldan

The v4.85, b1 was my last delivery, v4.86 contains a new firmware for STXL cameras and since that, Adam maitains all the drivers/applications deliveries.
    Jan