replace cooler st-402

Discussion in 'Legacy Models - Community Support' started by Damian Scotta, May 15, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Damian Scotta

Damian Scotta Standard User

good morning my name is Damian Scotta
    I'm new in the forum
    I own an sbig-st402-xme ccd that I use for asteroid photometry

I have recently had problems with the cooler of my st-402,
    I am from Argentina and I do not get the same model and consumption in amperes ,,
    the original cooler 12v consumes 45ma 0.55w
    I would like to replace it with one of sunnon 12v model MF40101v1-1000u-A99 consumption 0.72w
    won't it damage the ccd?
    Thank you

2. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

When you say there is a problem with the original cooler, what was the problem?
    Sometimes the issue is the 12V power connector on the side of the camera is not making good contact with the AC power supply that plugs into the wall socket.
    I do NOT recommend you trying to replace the cooler. It is a very precise job and needs to be done in a certified clean room by an experienced person.
    Our @Bill in California is the best person for diagnosing problems.

3. Damian Scotta

thanks for your prompt response

I made a general check to the ccd and only the fan does not work, through a voltmeter check that 12 v reaches the fan correctly and it does not work
    the rest of the ccd works ok
    my question was that if I replace it with another brand (since the original papst is not available in Argentina) of similar consumption, it would not harm my ccd

regards

4. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Yes you can replace the fan with a different model, as long as it has similar characteristics. Consuming slightly more power won't hurt anything.

5. Damian Scotta

thanks a lot for
    prompt response.

greetings from Argentina