RPC server is unavailable

Discussion in 'CCDOPS and SBIG Universal Driver (Retired)' started by letteri, Apr 20, 2017.

1. letteri

letteri Standard User

I had posted a CCDSoft2XAdaptor memory problem I was having on the Software Bisque forum, and they pointed me to updated SBIG drivers that seems to have fixed it.

But now I just had this crash in CCDAP, and I am wondering if anyone has seen it before or if it might be related to the driver update:

20:33:42 I:TI1, CCDSoft2XAdaptor.CCDSoft5Camera.1: COleException: The RPC server is unavailable.
    (800706BA) SCODE: 800706ba.
    20:33:43 *** Aborting session due to data acquisition failure
    20:33:43 I:GR1, CCDSoft2XAdaptor.CCDSoft5Camera.1: COleException: The RPC server is unavailable.
    (800706BA) SCODE: 800706ba.

This is running with an STT-8300M + FWG8-STT.

Cheers,
    Joe

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Hard to say... that's an indication that the COM connection broke, but there is no information as to why. It sounds like the CCDSoft2XAdaptor component crashed. That might have been caused by the driver or by the adapter gizzmo itself. Software Bisque might have some diagnostics or other means available to suss this out. We will of course help out if they can indicate where the problem originated.