SBIG driver: camera not found error 30001

Discussion in 'CCDOPS and SBIG Universal Driver (Retired)' started by Dave, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Dave

Dave Standard User

I was doing an autofocus run when the camera program locked up during a download.(The Sky X camera add on) When I restarted, I noticed this error. However there were no indications the drivers were missing or unavailable. In Windows 7 the SBIG driver was clearly present in the device manager. Driver checker confirms everything is updated. Would this be a usb problem unrelated to any specific driver?
    Thanks
    Dave

2. Tim

Tim Staff Member

It could be a USB problem. Are you using a USB hub? Try testing by directly connecting to the computer.

Does this same issue occur if you test the camera with CCDOps?

3. Dave

Dave Standard User

Same thing happened with CCDSoft (different error number). Now when I just downloaded the update for The Sky X the problem is gone but I think that was just luck? If it happens again what would the troubleshooting steps be and if it is a USB issue for Windows 7 any idea what steps to sort that out?
    Thanks

4. Tim

Tim Staff Member

Are you using a USB hub? Try testing by directly connecting to the computer.

5. Dave

Dave Standard User

No usb hub. 4 devices to native usb ports on laptop: mount, camera, focuser, mouse. No difference noted with switching to the other ports