SBIG ST10XME and GUIDER CCD question

Discussion in 'STF Series CCD Cameras' started by artem, Jan 6, 2015.

1. artem

artem Guest

Hello,

My name is Martin, and I am owner of the SBIG CCD ST 10-XME with the internal GUIDE CHIP..
    +CFW10

I did notice, that despite the fact that the MAIN / IMAGER CCD was able to find HUGE amount of Stars,
    but trying same to find stars with the GUIDER CCD/CHIP, and the result was NO STARS were detected..

My question is, how else ? can I find out if the GUIDER CHIP is working ?? I will upload here a file
    or images taken with the GUIDER CHIP..

I am using MAXIM DL V6 and CCDOPS and in all. no guiding star was detected..

With CCDSOFT there is an issue.. but is not a subject to this thread..

Thank you for your assistance..

Martin

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2015
  2. Jan Soldan

Jan Soldan Cyanogen Customer

Martin,
    base on our private conversation today, please try to create a better log file which will contain one tracking CCD image, because your last log file contained
    temperature control commands only. It is not necessary to shot the sky, just take one short image, say 1 sec. exposure. On the other hand, images
    you have attached above looks very bad. Maybe, there is some hardware problem inside your camera, but this is just my guess...

If possible, use simpler SBIG's CCDOPS application to grab tracking CCD image, so I could possibly see where the problem is.

Thank you,
    Jan

3. artem

artem Guest

Hi Jan,

Thank you for your answer, I will do so.. I will take AUTOGUIDER TRACKING IMAGES 1SEC. with SBIG CCDOPS and upload them here..

Thank you

Martin

4. artem

artem Guest

Hi Jan,

So, Here we have fresh images from TRACKING CCD, taken with CCDOPS.. and i will also attach a LOG FILE..
    and the images were taken with the TRACKING CCD in STX and FIT format

Excited to see / know, why my TRACING CCD is not able to find / detect stars. though imager CCD is able..

Thank you

Martin

Attached Files:

5. Jan Soldan

Martin,
    thanks for log your file and images, but results are strange:

1)
    Every image taken with your tracking CCD is corrupted, namely mostly every CCD row contains several blank pixels (ADU = 0),
    otherwise driver received (readout) all requested pixels from the camera. I have checked all readout parameters and all seems
    to be all right.

2)
    Every image taken with your imaging CCD is all right, without any corruption.

See my attachment with notes.
    That's exactly what you described in your previous emails.

Sumary:
    It seems to me, there has to be something bad with your internal tracking CCD chip and/or its electronics. Please contact Bill at bill@sbig.com
    what he thinks about your tracking CCD chip and how to repair it.

Regards,
    Jan

Attached Files:

6. artem

artem Guest

Thank you Jan,

I will do as you did advice..

PS ! did you also see the date ?? catpured in the TRACKING CCD IMAGE1.STX ? the observation date is 01-07.1915

Just did notice this unusual issue also..

Thank you

Martin

Attached Files:

7. Jan Soldan

Martin,
    I do not know what SB's CCDSOFT writes to your file as an observation date, maybe you didn't set it somewhere.
    Which image format did you use to store your frames ? Did you write an STX extension by yourself ?
    Jan