Resolved SBIG STC-428-OEM Driver

Discussion in 'STC Series CMOS' started by Vinay Venkatachalapathy, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Vinay Venkatachalapathy

Vinay Venkatachalapathy Standard User

I downloaded the latest driver using Driver Checker available in ftp://ftp.sbig.com/pub/SetupDriverChecker64.exe . However my camera is still not recognized by the system. What are my other options. I am using Windows 10
    Edition Windows 10 Pro
    Version 20H2
    Installed on ‎12/‎28/‎2020
    OS build 19042.685
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

Attached Files:

2. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

The STC- series cameras use the DL Imaging drivers, not the SBIG Driver Checker for the older cameras.
    The drivers and software were supplied on the USB stick.
    You can also get them from the camera product page:
    https://diffractionlimited.com/product/stc-428-oem/
    Scroll to the DOWNLOADS section, and click the down arrow v to expand it.

3. Doug

Doug Staff Member

I see it isn’t showing properly in the Device Manager. If you have an internet connection Windows Update should automatically download and install the system driver. Try right-clicking and selecting Update Driver.

If you do not have an Internet connection there is a driver package on the USB stick that you can install manually. They are under \DL Imaging Driver (Aluma, STC, StarChaser)\System Drivers.

And yes, on top of that you need to install the DL Imaging drivers. The file on the stick is in \DL Imaging Driver (Aluma, STC, StarChaser)\SetupDLAPI.exe

The full manual for the camera - including installation instructions - is also on the stick: \Camera Manuals and App Notes\STC-428-OEM_User_Manual.pdf

4. Vinay Venkatachalapathy

Vinay Venkatachalapathy Standard User

Thank you. Your suggestions worked for me.