SBIG STF 8300M hanging during download in SGPro

Discussion in 'STF Series CCD Cameras' started by Michael Teichwart, Nov 2, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Michael Teichwart

Michael Teichwart Standard User

During a session the download of the image hangs up ocassionally (ever 3-4 time). I am using SGPro on an Win10 desktop computer. Searching the internet I found a thread that describes the same issue. The solution seems to be to downgrade the driver to Version 4.94 build 1. How do I get this driver?

2. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

I'm just another customer - could you post a link to this article you are talking about?
    Usually you want to be on the LATEST firmware. Am not sure how to go backwards on drivers - DL will have to chime in.
    If its an actual driver problem, they usually work to fix it.

3. Michael Teichwart

Hi Colin, have a look here: http://forum.mainsequencesoftware.com/t/stf-8300m-downloads-hang-following-driver-update/4529

In summary - the problem (hanging) occured after update of the driver and was resolved after installation of the Version V4.9.4 b1; at least that is what I am reading from the post.

4. Doug

Doug Staff Member

I would take that with a grain of salt. We strongly recommend using the current drivers.

Make sure you don't have a more basic USB hardware problem - bad hub, bad cable, Windows power management interrupting the connection, etc.

5. Michael Teichwart

You are right, it is not the driver! I have tested the camera on an other desktop and it works fine with the same driver version but other usb-cable. I moved the camera back to my observatory but with the "good" cable" without problems so far but could not do a full configuration test (with PHD2, etc.) since it was too cloudy outside.