SBIG STT8300 coolers just turn off.

Discussion in 'Legacy Models - Community Support' started by Ayersrockastromark, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Ayersrockastromark

Ayersrockastromark Standard User

Hello,

Two nights ago when I woke to shut everything down I saw in the expose window of MaximDl that my coolers were off. Half my nights data was lost. So last night I set everything as normal and my coolers got to about 80% and -8 decrees Celsius and the message coolers off came up. I have restarted and updates latest drivers last night but also a couple of weeks ago. I am at a loss so any advice would be wonderful as we have clear skies.

Mark

2. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Check the power to the camera - it could be a low voltage to the camera and it will shut down. Are you using the original power supply or have you hooked up something else yourself? Is LED 2 on yellow or red when this happens? You might be able to check with a voltmeter when the coolers are running full-bore, and see if the voltage is down below 12V (11V is when the LED comes on yellow I think).

3. Tim

Tim Staff Member

Yes, Colin is correct. There is likely a problem somewhere in the power supply getting to the camera. If the power drops below 10V, the coolers will shutdown to protect the camera.

In addition to what Colin is asking, can you provide the serial number for the camera, as well as the driver version and firmware versions you have installed? They version numbers are accessible in the SBIGDriverChecker64 program.