Staff Assigned: Adam Robichaud SBIG STX not connecting

Discussion in 'STX and STXL Series Cameras' started by john O'shea, Apr 4, 2019.

1. john O'shea

john O'shea Standard User

hi,

I’ve got an stx plugged into to a windows 7 machine that has worked fine for ages. Went to connect last night and couldn’t. Just sat there hanging and trying to connect. The error code was 300001.

I thought it could be the computer or the cable or software so got a new cable and a MacBook with ccdops software and plugged it in. Had the same issue.

Camera is definitely on. The fan is whirling and I can see lights on inside it.

What is the next stage of troubleshooting?

Thanks, john.

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Check if the camera shows up in the Device Manager.

3. john O'shea

The camera does show up in device manager. What now?

4. Doug

Doug Staff Member

1. Download the latest SBIGDriverChecker (download the latest instead of using the Update button).
    2. Use the updated driver checker to upgrade your drivers to the latest version. (Check to see if it now works.)
    3. Use the driver checker to upgrade your camera's firmware. Make sure you do NOT interrupt the firmware installation process or you could brick your camera, which would require it going in for service.

5. john O'shea

Hi,

I could complete steps 1 and 2 without issue.

Step 3 had the following error.
    "Could not Establish link to camera. Please make sure is attached to camera and try again."

What is next?

Thanks,

6. Doug

Doug Staff Member

I'll have to get @Adam Robichaud to review this - he may need to remote in.

7. Adam Robichaud

Adam Robichaud Lead Developer Staff Member

Hi John,

Are you comfortable with me logging in remotely via TeamViewer? I'd like to do some troubleshooting.

Cheers,
    -A

8. john O'shea

That'd be great. I've removed the camera so we can continue using the telescope on observing nights.

Do you need the camera connected to the telescope?

It'll take a couple of days as I need to run it past IT. They might want to make some temporary network changes. Apologies for the delay responding. I didn't get a notification for your response like the previous responses.

9. Adam Robichaud

Adam Robichaud Lead Developer Staff Member

No worries!

The camera doesn't have to be connected to the scope for my tests. All I need is that the affected camera is alone on whatever system it's plugged into and that the control software (it sounds like TSX) is installed.

-A