SBIG USB Camera Driver Unable to Load

Discussion in 'STF Series CCD Cameras' started by Steve Forrest, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Steve Forrest

Steve Forrest Standard User

I have an SBIG ST-3200 fitted to an imaging instrument that I am working on, the previous engineer to me has incorrectly loaded the driver for the camera ST-402 and they had some issue with the images being noisy. I realised the mistake and have subsequently uninstalled the SBIG camera in Win 7 Devices and uninstalled the driver checker software, and the CCDOps software, I also removed the recognised SBIG drivers from Windows\System32\Drivers folder.

I restarted the PC and disconnected the camera. I then proceeded to install the SBIG Driver Checker and the CCDOps software, hoping that the fresh install would fix the problem. After installing the software I reconnected the camera, but it does not recognise the device and doesn't load the driver software as expected. so I went into Win7 Devices and found the device, then I ran the driver update and pointed Win7 to the SBIG folder in program files, this results in the attached error message. After this the SBIG camera appears in the USB Devices as SBIG Camera, but I cannot connect to it in CCDOps or our own software.

Obviously the driver did not complete its install and this is the problem, but I cannot work out why it didn't. The user has full admin rights.

If you can offer any support then this would be much appreciated
    Let me know if you have any questions
    Steve Forrest, Molecular Devices

Attached Files:

2. Adam Robichaud

Adam Robichaud Lead Developer Staff Member

Make sure you've selected the correct ST model in SBIG Driver Checker ("Config Drv" > "Select ST Model" > select "Pro" or "Classic" depending on whether or not your camera has cooling). If this doesn't resolve the issue, I'll need to investigate further.