Resolved sbigudrv Service does not exist

Discussion in 'CCDOPS and SBIG Universal Driver (Retired)' started by Stanley A. Gorodenski, May 29, 2022.

1. Stanley A. Gorodenski

Stanley A. Gorodenski Standard User

I have been running CCDOPS on Win 7. I just now made the jump from Win 7 to Win 10. I have installed it two ways. First, I install it from the SBIG disk that came with my ST-8XME camera. This disk dates back to 2006. It does install. However, when I run Driver Checker as Administrator to download the drivers I get an error message that says
    "Error opening driver 'sbigudrv'. The specified service does not exist as an installed service."

The second way I install it is as follows. I uninstall the previous install and rename the SBIG folder to SBIG-Temp so this install does not find it. I then go to the Diffraction Limited website and download instops(2).exe. I execute it and it installs CCDOPS. I run the Driver Checker and get the same error message:
    "Error opening driver 'sbigudrv'. The specified service does not exist as an installed service."

I seem to recall having this problem before but cannot remember what I did to correct it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

2. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

3. Stanley A. Gorodenski

Stanley A. Gorodenski Standard User

4. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Glad to hear it, clear skies!