SC-2 Mounting problems with FW8-8300

Discussion in 'Guiding and Adaptive Optics - StarChaser and AO' started by mkuehner, Nov 29, 2020.

1. mkuehner

mkuehner Cyanogen Customer

I just purchased a SC-2 for my STF-8300 with FW8-8300 filter wheel. The holes on my filter wheel are not drilled properly forcing me to mount the SC-2 at a 45 degree angle. I've read earlier posts about this and it appears that the FW8-8300's were drilled differently from the other filter wheels and Diffraction Limited was offering to swap filter wheel covers with ones that have the proper hole patterns in them. Is this still possible?

Mark

2. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Mark, does your SC-2 have 7 holes or 4 holes? If 7, then just mount it the other orientation. If not, we'll get it sorted.

3. mkuehner

It only has 4 holes. Do you know the size and thread pitch of holes in the filter wheel? I may be able to have a machine shop drill and tap new holes.

4. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

We'll get you details on Monday (unless @Doug checks in here today, he would know the best plan).
    Did you buy the SC-2 direct from us or one of our dealers?

5. mkuehner

I bought the SC-2 from OPT. My neighbor owns a machine shop and he looked at the cover and said that he'd drill and tap the 4-40 holes at no charge so that's the route I'm going to go. It'll be easier on everyone and the price is right. Thanks anyway.

Mark