SC3 using a guide cable

Discussion in 'Guiding and Adaptive Optics - StarChaser and AO' started by Mark Marfoglia, Jun 5, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Mark Marfoglia

Mark Marfoglia Cyanogen Customer

Running windows 11, Maxim .30, and recently released dl drivers with my SC3 / AC4040, and a guider cable. The guider calibrates perfectly in both directions, but when I guide it corrects in only one direction. When I guide thru the ASCOM driver it works, however I haver reasons why I like to use the guide cable. I have left my desert observatory and cannot perform any tests right now, but I would like to know if others have experienced this problem, and what information is needed to diagnose the issue.

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Please ZIP and upload your settings folder - Documents\MaxIm DL 6\Settings

3. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

What mount do you have? Are you using the guider cable we provide?

4. Mark Marfoglia

I am using an AP1100 controlled thru APCC, and yes I am using your cable. The same set up as the STX which worked fine. Everything, Maxim, DL drivers from a few weeks ago, W11, APCC, etc all up to date. Unfortunately I do not have access to that computer now as it is not in an observatory with AC so I shut it down. I may be back in July and I will send the Maxim settings then as soon as I get there. I just got the camera installed and had to leave. Thx for your help.

5. Mark Marfoglia

I found this online which I think is my problem:
    “When using the ASCOM V2 driver with either ASCOM Direct or Telescope guide methods in MAXIM, you should check Reverse Y after flip. It should not be checked for guide relays.”
    Why they don’t react the same I do not know.

6. Bob Denny

Bob Denny Cyanogen Customer

DC-3 Dreams, SP, Mesa, Arizona +1 480 396 9700
    Mark — Please work this on the ACP forum since ACP takes responsibility for guiding including flip management. MaxIm’s flip stuff is supposed to be irrelevant per our directions, with no connection to the telescope except for “ASCOM Direct” for the raw guider bump/nudges.

7. Colin Haig

Colin Haig Staff Member

Mark, I agree with Bob. Also, mount behaviour differs by model and manufacturer and driver.