Scripting: Calibration question

Discussion in 'Scripting and Programming' started by CraigNZ, Dec 2, 2019 at 2:29 PM.

1. CraigNZ

CraigNZ Cyanogen Customer

Is this correct to calibrate an image using scripting:

Application.CalAddBias(filepath to master bias)
    Application.CalAddDark(filepath to master dark)
    Application.CalAddFlat(filepath to master flat)
    Application.CalSet()

Document.OpenFile(filepath to uncalibrated image)
    Document.Calibrate()
    Document.SaveFile(filepath for calibrated image, file format, etc)

2. Doug

Doug Staff Member

Yes, although it is usually simpler and more powerful to set up the calibration groups using the user interface / Set Calibration command. Once they're set they can be used by scripting.

3. CraigNZ

Thanks Doug, this is part of a much larger automated external program that is doing the calibration using MaximDL as a black box. Part of the process is to identify calibration folders and generate master files from them (using MaximDL) and then when calibrating images the program would load the appropriate masters and then calibrate a batch of images. It appears the MaximDL interface has all the components for doing the calibration remotely but wanted to confirm I was on the right track.

4. Doug

Doug Staff Member

5. CraigNZ

The problem with CreateCalibrationGroups is I don't see a way to create master files and save them, or to load master files when doing calibration. With the manual method I can load a set of bias frames, generate a bias master and save it, then load it later and do a calibration.